Monday, July 25, 2005

Linux and command line

Linux and command line


Using Linux without terminal is almost impossible. Sooner or later you will have to use the command line.
I've used msdos in the past, so it was not very hard for me to get used to it.

You can see my terminal, I've made it transparent so you see a part of my desktop background, I like this feature (downloaded the background yesterday)

You can use commands in the terminal but you can use the commands in a automatic script too. Can be very handy.
I'm still a bit of a novice, but I'd like to improve my scripting in the years to come.

This post will be a reference for commands I learn and use. I will edit it whenever I learn a new one:

goto Tuxfiles link for commandline stuff like ls, cd, cp (copy), rm (remove), mv (move), cat (view), less (view), mkdir (make dir), rmdir (remove empty dir), rm (remove dir)

Some more advanced: piping

ls | less => output of ls is input for less

More later

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home